Re: Call for volunteers, Debian-Edu in France

Thanks Raphaël for this call,

Our work since several month, has you know, was to produce a second installation
CD to be abble to adapt Debian-Edu to the specificties of education in France.
We hope to be ready with this work for the end of January... more or less at
the  same time has the next stable version of Debian-edu.

The details of this work can be found (in french) on
http://schlossgul.org/wakka.php?wiki=LisTe

We use for our companion CD, lots of sofware made by Abulédu and Ofset.

We understood well, that the debian-edu team can not answer to each specific
request, in each country ... thereby we made this work...

There're two things that we still need to propose an interesting distribution
for France:
- To be abble to patch the problem of lvm which create a very small partition
for /usr
- To propose at the end of the installation process in french if they have the
second CD to avoid to be compelled to type mount /cdrom/ and install.sh  which
isn't very user-friendly. I think that this would be needed by germany too ,
since they've started to produce a post-install script.

For this two point we will propose, in the next days two patches, and we hope,
that you will find them useful, and that they can be added to the next vesion.

French skolelinux team
Thierry