Re: backport for ooo2

På Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:34:18 +0100, skrev Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>:

Hi!

* Klaus Ade Johnstad <klaus@skolelinux.no> [051124 19:23]:

Why did you backport OpenOffice.org2,

The mentioned backports are those from Debians OOo team...

when there is perfectly working  deb's already out there?
Such as from
http://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/RC3/

They might work well enough, but it's a joke to call them perfect, isn't
it?

Beside that they are not apt-get-able and that there are no source
packages available (or am I blind?), they violate Debian Policy (install
to /opt, bah) and seem to be monolingual... and that are only the
problems I saw with a quick check, if you like call lintian on any of
those debs ;)

Is there an apt-source for this one from the debian team, then? The "usual" ones from backport.org, or?

Bjarne Nielsen
Nittedal

I would prefer the backports by Debians OOo team.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander