Restart X at teminal-logout?

This question is posted, both at bruker(at)skolelinux and here. I know some people read one list, some read the other and then again, some read both...
---

Is it possible to completely reset X on a terminal at logout, so the contents of lts.conf is read again? In other words I would like to achieve the same thing as logging out, pressing ctrl-alt-backspace and get a new login window. I have noticed that this forces lts.conf to be read again. Just logging out to a new login screen reuses the settings from lts.conf from boot.

I would suspect that many of you would ask, why would I want to... But to make a long stort short, I have a script that rotates the contents of lts.conf, so the string "SERVER= " alternates. I have set up a kind of load balancing using this. It seems to work. I have to do some more testing of course. My schools have only terminals and printers. All the servers are located at City-Hall's ICT-department. We have 2GB fibrechannel out to each school.

So my setup is this:

One main server w/ dhcp and ldap. It also as all /home exported as nfs, and is the printserver for all schools. The dhcp server points each school to it's own ltspserver via the root-path option. When the terminal has finished booting it reads lts.conf on that server, and I would like to alternate which server the terminals logon to. I have this working now, but I have to log out, hit ctr-alt-backspace and log in again. Then I get logged into another server. I don't really see the students hitting ctrl-alt-backspace between sessions, and then the point gets lost...

So is it possible to kill/restart X on the terminal at logout? Or is it possible to make a logout reboot the terminal perhaps?

If this seemed a bit "hairy", I can document/explain our setup better if asked to to so...

But for now, I would be really happy to see X killed and reloaded at logout.

Anyone?

--
Trond Mæhlum

The true Southern watermelon is a boon apart, and not to be mentioned with commoner things. It is chief of the world's luxuries, king by the grace of God over all the fruits of the earth. When one has tasted it, he knows what the angels eat. It was not a Southern watermelon that Eve took; we know it because she repented. -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"