Re: Re: ltsp problem - solved

> Hi there,
>
> Am Dienstag 01 November 2005 01:02 schrieb Ragnar Wisloff:
> > If you moved the /opt/ltsp/i386 contents back to the right
place,
> > then there is no need to reinstall.
>
> Ack. Out from my own experience, I could imagine that some
symbolic
> links to libs or executable files were broken by copying them. As
for
> accession rights, I assume you used the right flag with "cp" in
order
> to keep all attributes.

A reinstallation solved the problem.

I thought
rsync -Cauv /opt/ltsp /mnt/
would preserve the symbolic links (and i detected some) and
everything
else. Maybe that was a to bold assumption?
Or some process had opened a file in opt??

> If you have a sarge LTSP, you can define a thin client console for
> CTRL+ALT+F2. Here you can check which pathes are there...

I checked that before, but never got into the console ;-)

Thanks Ralf+Ragnar :-)

Georg