Re: Sound

>From Steffen Joeris on Thursday, 2005-08-25 at 09:52:30 +0200:
> Hi
>
> A friend (worked in a childhood) has got a problem with the sound of the
> thinclients. Xmms is running without a problem, but for example tuxracer
> has no sound, only a noise.
> Has someone an idea of what might be wrong there?

There are at least two possible issues that I can think of:

1) Version of tuxracer

   Tux Racer has recently been replaced by Planet Penguin Racer.
   Are you really running Tux Racer, or is Tux Racer only a
   meta-package pointing to Planet Penguin Racer?  Last I looked,
   Planet Penguin Racer had many small bugs, primarily associated
   with defective 3-D graphics, but the sound may also be affected.

2) 3D-Graphics and Thin Clients

   Does tuxracer run smoothly, except for the sound?  Depending
   on your thin client set-up, you may have difficulty running
   3-D graphics at all on the thin client, and if the client is
   overburdened already, the sound may also go bad.  Can you run
   programs such as tuxmath?  Do all other sound applications work?

Conrad