Re: xdebconfigurator proting to xorg

[Nico Golde]
> what about porting xdebconfigurator to xorg and make an
> xorgdebconfigurator package?

I suspect it is easier to modify the current xdebconfigurator to
support the x.org packages.  But is this really useful?  I believe the
xorg-packages will handle hardware detection automatically these days,
and this reduses the need for xdebconfigurator.

If we get the xorg packages to make it possible to regenerate the X
configuration file on boot and update mdetect to do a better job, I
believe xdebconfigurator is no longer needed.

Opinions?