Re: Some notes on the next generation LTSP (getting LTSP into Debian/main)
> I can spend some time on it, and would welcome others to help as
I've started patching. The current patch is available from
along with the test packages. This is the current changelog.
ltsp (0.37-0.0.pere.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Changed dependencies (openssh-* -> ssh)
* Add myself as uploader for the Debian version.
* Add long package descriptions.
- Change to use debootstrap to install the extra packages, to
be able to install from CD without loopback mounting the APT
source inside the chroot.
- Make it possible to install xdebconfigurator to autoconfigure X
instead of the ubuntu packages.
I'm not happy with the way the X config option is selected, and
haven't looked at the kernel issue yet, but believe this draft point
out at least some of the areas in need of a change before the ltsp
package can go into Debian.
Matt, any comments on the patch?