Re: Release team

Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2005 23:12 schrieb Vidar Bakke:
> The board of Frisk approves the initiative. Any feedback is highly
> appreciated.

Hi Vidar,

thank you for your report. Of course, it is good to have a team and to
have a time table, so this is great.

Two general questions for this:

At Karlsruhe, we were asked quite often about the roadmap of skolelinux
sarge. I used to announce a stable release by the end of this year (as
somebody told be -- but now I am not certain anymore who). When you
mention: Until December 2005, do you mean: the time table is due to
then, or the final step described in the schedule should be finished by
then?

You put it as if the sarge prereleases were previews for skolelinux
sarge. All that I was told was that there will never be such version -
as the new sarge based skolelinux will have a different structure
(kerberos, cerebrum etc.) while these pre releases are "only" sarge
adaptions of Venus. Is this a misunderstanding?

Finally - maybe off topic - it was reported, that some schools in Norway
were able to choose between ms windows and an additional teacher. Are
there more precise facts on this? (Where was this, how many pcs/pupils
per teacher etc.)

Thank you very much
Regards
Ralf.