Re: Release team

RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2005 23:12 schrieb Vidar Bakke:
> Hi Vidar,
>
> thank you for your report. Of course, it is good to have a team and to
> have a time table, so this is great.
>
> Two general questions for this:
> At Karlsruhe, we were asked quite often about the roadmap of skolelinux
> sarge. I used to announce a stable release by the end of this year (as
> somebody told be -- but now I am not certain anymore who). When you
> mention: Until December 2005, do you mean: the time table is due to
> then, or the final step described in the schedule should be finished by
> then?

The normal answer for this is of course to that we release the next
version when it's ready :)

> You put it as if the sarge prereleases were previews for skolelinux
> sarge. All that I was told was that there will never be such version -
> as the new sarge based skolelinux will have a different structure
> (kerberos, cerebrum etc.) while these pre releases are "only" sarge
> adaptions of Venus. Is this a misunderstanding?

whoever told you that ? Well, it doesn't matter.
Cerebrum, kerberos is all very nice, but I think our users deserves to
get a new version before we're done including those and other features.

My personal goal was that we should be able to release a Sarge based
Debian-edu at the same time as Debian Released Sarge. I guess not many
shared my goal.

But then there is still a lot of things to be fixed:
-Fix autofs-ldap (should be fixed on daily built image)
-Fix MTA  setup (Fixed on daily built image - thanks to Barbarossa)
-Added backup of ldap to slbackup
 (Fixed on daily built image, thanks to Morten Werner)
-Make samba work (Fixed on daily built image)
-Still some issues with ltsp, both in if dhcpd.conf and lts.conf
-We have a space problem - newer packages needs more space
-Testing - we need more tests, and we need to detect if the tests fails
-I know that pr03 and pr04 fails with french setup. Not sure if it also
 happens with other languages. Bug #955
-Nagios dont work out of the box(bugs #953 and #954).

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/