Re: Korea brings homegrown open source to schools

Am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2005 23:53 schrieb Conrad Newton:
> The South Korean government is rolling out a homegrown open-source
> platform to 10,000 schools in the country.

Hi Conrad and thank you for spreading this information. One more quote
from the article:

"Jin Ko Hyun, president of the Korea IT Industry Promotion Agency, or
 KIPA, which is behind the project, said it has taken schools two years
 to test Buyeo, the Korean version of Linux."

Now, there is a "name" - I wonder if it is based on any known distro and
if there might be some backflow to Debian from there one day. It is
mentioned that "informations" are passed from schools to university -
is this user data (home dirs) or ratings and marks?

Interesting: They want to create an Asian Linux (Japan/Korea/China).
Isn't Debian international enough?

Regards
Ralf