Re: Worklist for the weekend

Am Freitag, den 10. Juni hub Finn-Arne Johansen folgendes in die Tasten:

Hi!

> - Fix MTA setup (#276769)
>   We have 4 choices (or more)
>   * We might continue to use Exim3 - no longer maintained upstream,
>     depreceated in debian
>   * SOmeone fixes exim4 to work with ldap
>   * Do we really need exim4 to work with LDAP ? I have set up postfix on
>     one installation without the use of ldap, even if all the users
>     exists in ldap
>   * Switch to something else (like postfix)

I could look at this.
I'm using exim4 with LDAP in production environment for months now.

I would vote for keeping exim as it's easy to configure and one who's
able to read "technical english" should not have problem to understand
and modify the config file.

Nearby it's debian standard :)

> - Add backup of slapd to the slbackup routine

cron -> 'slapcat > $datestring.ldif' ?
That's the way I do it at work :)

> - kdm is not localized propperly. Check for possibly others

Why not localize it?

> - The debian-part of the menu in kde is not localized properly
> - fix dhcpd and lts.conf (XFS and etherboot kernels)
>
> If I should choose, I would have dropped at least these:
> - koffice (and keep OpenOffice)
> - Emacs, and maybe some more, and only keep a vi clone and maybe nano

I'm not a friend of emacs, but I think, we should keep vim and emacs to
make most people happy.

Ciao
Max
--