Re: Kernel version to use in the sarge based debian-edu

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:

> dont know, this actually is bug #303135
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=303135

So this bug went unfixed for the sarge release? Yikes.

I hit this bug with ubuntu some months ago.  At the time you could work
around it in the installer by hand loading the cdrom stuff on tty2 prior to
the installer loading the sata stuff.  This returned to bite you on reboot
though and you had to alter the initrd to load the cdrom drivers earlier
than the sata stuff on every boot.  This pretty much worked but I'm not
sure how inelegant/dangerous this workaround is.  I've never tried this on
Debian.

If it works I guess the installer's order of module loading could be
similarly forced/modified?

Gavin