Re: Kernel version to use in the sarge based debian-edu

Tuesday 7. June 2005 12:55, wrote Finn-Arne Johansen:
> 4) not sure, but I think a very common (crappy?) ethernet driver is
> missing on the 2.6-8 kernel, At least it's missing from 2.6.11 from sid.
> the driver is tg3 (yeah, I know it's crap, but I have it on my laptop)

The debian kernel release of 2.6.11 has choosen to remove the tg3 driver from
the debian 2.6.11 kernel. (2.6.8 should have it.)  The reason is some trouble
with the firmware....  Stock kernels from kernel.org has the driver included.

Read more about it at:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2005/03/msg00412.html

--
-Frode

Microsoft is not the answer.
Microsoft is the question.
NO (or Linux) is the answer.
(Taken from a .signature from someone from the UK, source unknown)

Petition for "World of Warcraft" on Linux: http://www.blizzpub.net/petition/