security.debian.org has rolled out the new stable release and therefore moved the old one to oldstable ...

Hi all

Congrats with the new stable debian !!

Regarding this new stable Debian, will the transition from woody to sarge
brake the woody-based debian-edu when doing upgrade?? Has this issue been
dealt with?

Idling in front of the telly, I just happened to take a mental detour along
the line of maintaining woody, and I realised that "my" debian-edu systems
are set up with the following sources.list:
----------- Start ----------
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.debian.org/ stable main contrib non-free

### Use (by uncommenting) either http or ftp, NOT both
### http based apt source: ----------------
deb http://ftp.skolelinux.no/debian/ woody main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.skolelinux.no/debian-non-US/ woody/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/ woody local
### ftp based apt source: -----------------
# deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/debian/ woody main contrib non-free
# deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/debian-non-US/ woody/non-US main contrib
non-free
# deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/ woody local
----------- Stop ----------

The two first lines would have caused all sorts of problems on this particular
machine if I wasn't aware and remembered to change them into
deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.debian.org/ woody main contrib non-free
before issuing the upgrade command.

So the question is:
Have we remembered that this may cause problems for the targeted (novice)
users (, and everybody else too, for that matter,) and thereby taken the
necessary steps to prevent such problems? (I'm first of all thinking of
information trough mail lists.)

Please advice.

Regards
Gjermund Skogstad