Re: The next level of Custom Debian Distributions

mandag 02 mai 2005, 14:09, skrev Gavin McCullagh:
> For a school starting (moreorless) from scratch with Skolelinux, is this
> the recommended approach now?  We've been moving quite slowly for a variety
> of reasons.  I have had a woody based system set up and working since last
> autumn with some test accounts but we are only going to be distributing
> accounts and thin clients in the next couple of months.  Would we be better
> off using Sarge or Woody?

New installations in Norway have Sarge on the thin client servers, and Woody
on the file server.

I you keep an eye open it's probably possible with not so much trouble to use
the Sarge-based Skolelinux pr01 all over when you follow this guide, and
feedbacks on this list:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/debian-edu_sarge_installation.txt

But you have to have some more insight as a system operator, as I believe you
have :-)

- K