Re: gnome for debian-edu

Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
- Does this problem applies in German, French and other languages as
well ?

Yes, the university where we hold our LUG uses Sarge on the desktop, the cluster maintainer upgraded the machines to 2.8 yesterday and ran straight into the same problem with en_gb

- SHould this bug be other priority than normal - I mean this bug is
  grave, as it prevents us from having a preconfigured environment. I
  would not like to tell hundreds of users to use
  "gnome-keyboard-properties" to set up their keyboard even if X and
keyboard has been set up correctly. I think It should be grave - makes the package in question unusable or mostly so (maybe
           not)
  or
  important - a bug which has a major effect on the usability of a
              package, without rendering it completely unusable to
              everyone. (Applies to everyone that dont us US-keyboard)

I Think it's an important bug.

As do I, its incredibly irratating but hardly a show stopper, especially with other WM's available.

Regards,

Ben
--
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Charles Babbage