Re: sarge installer

torsdag 24 februar 2005, 11:27, skrev Gavin McCullagh:
> I was a little puzzled when it never prompted me to create an
> ordinary user account but kdm wouldn't allow root logins.
I've got exactly the same experience. Every time I test-install the
sarge-based Skolelinux, i have to change value in "AllowRootLogin":

AllowRootLogin=true
in: /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc
> The solution I used was to switch to a text terminal login as
> root and use
>
>         lynx https://tjener.intern:10000
>
> to create an account with webmin so I could login.  Am I missing
> something? Surely this is not what's intended?

The standard Skolelinux version, as i remember, does support a creation
of one user account in addition to root when installing the system.
Your text with my additions is an excellent bug-report. We should both
explain how we are filing this bug in the system.

Could anyone take the effort to explain to me, Gavin and others how to
file this bug, and to which bug-tracking system? Then Gavien and I
could write a short guide in English on "how to file bugs for dummies".
This should be explained in a more easy way than the Debian guide.

Could anyone take the effort to explain to me, Gavin and others how to
file this bug, and in which bug-tracking system? Then Gavin and I could
write a short guide in English on "how to file bugs for dummies".

http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/bugrap_howto.html

- Knut