Re: sarge installer

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Knut Yrvin wrote:

> The standard Skolelinux version, as i remember, does support a creation
> of one user account in addition to root when installing the system.  Your
> text with my additions is an excellent bug-report. We should both explain
> how we are filing this bug in the system.
>
> Could anyone take the effort to explain to me, Gavin and others how to
> file this bug, and to which bug-tracking system?

How and where to search existing bugs would be an important part.  It
appears I just didn't look in the right place to find this bug.  I had sort
of assumed it was a known bug but couldn't find it.  I don't like to be
wasting the time of developers like Finn-Arne reporting duplicate bugs.

> Then Gavien and I could write a short guide in English on "how to file
> bugs for dummies".  This should be explained in a more easy way than the
> Debian guide.

Certainly.  I think it would help a lot more people to effectively test
sarge (well, me anyway).

Gavin