Re: Installation (standalone+standalone extra, main+ltsp) 2005.02.15

Knut Yrvin wrote:
* Knut Yrvin

[<date>] index.cgi: Unable to connect to LDAP server on host
"ldap": Connection refused at
/usr/share/webmin/ldap-users/ldap-users.pl line 42

* Finn-Arne Johansen:

Did a test of the image from 2005-02-17 with a main+ws installation.

I did get a message with almost the same message, and was kind of
puzzled with this. Testing furter revealed that the error was caused
by a non existing eth0

This is correct. I did not have an Internet-connection to the firewall, because i have to make me a firewall. I had one, but donated it to Conrad Newton so that he could test Skolelinux also :-)

This was because I did this test on a laptop, with a pcmcia nic.
making sure the nic is loaded, it was rather easy to fix this.

Not sure what you did the test on.

Does this test reveals that the architecture could be somewhat improved, or does the test just show us an expected result because i didn't follow the architecture 100% when obmitting the 10.0.2.0/23 net?

Well, if you dont have 10.0.2.2 as an address, then you wont be able to connect 10 10.0.2.2, and that is were ldap lives.

if you have to set up a network without sufficient NIC and gateways or whatever, I suggest you start reading at
  http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/DummyIP.txt

--
Finn-Arne Johansen, faj@bzz.no
http://bzz.no