Re: Installation (standalone+standalone extra, main+ltsp) 2005.02.15

* Knut Yrvin
> > [<date>] index.cgi: Unable to connect to LDAP server on host
> > "ldap": Connection refused at
> > /usr/share/webmin/ldap-users/ldap-users.pl line 42

* Finn-Arne Johansen:

> Did a test of the image from 2005-02-17 with a main+ws installation.
>
> I did get a message with almost the same message, and was kind of
> puzzled with this. Testing furter revealed that the error was caused
> by a non existing eth0

This is correct. I did not have an Internet-connection to the firewall,
because i have to make me a firewall. I had one, but donated it to
Conrad Newton so that he could test Skolelinux also :-)

> This was because I did this test on a laptop, with a pcmcia nic.
> making sure the nic is loaded, it was rather easy to fix this.
>
> Not sure what you did the test on.

Does this test reveals that the architecture could be somewhat improved,
or does the test just show us an expected result because i didn't
follow the architecture 100% when obmitting the 10.0.2.0/23 net?

- Knut