Re: how to install software on more than one machine ?

Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
Hi Martin,

thanks for re-raising that question :)

Am Freitag, 28. Januar 2005 12:15 schrieb Martin Herweg:

How can a teacher, later after the first installation of the servers
& workstation, install more applications on those 4 Machines ?

Is anyone using dsh (distributed shell) for that ?

This option had been explicitely named by Finn-Arne - it is just uncertain what happens if one client needs an answere.

Others options like copying debconf-files where mentioned. IIRC Finn-Arne (or Klaus?) said to have some Howto on it.

I dont thikn i said I had a howto, i think I found a howto. but if you search the archives from last year, the long mail where I rage/rave/ (whatever) about lessdisks, and systemimager and so, you might find it there.

Could you possibly point us there, please?

just search gmane for my mail , or if it's not there, you will have to use google :)

--
Finn-Arne Johansen, faj@bzz.no
http://bzz,no