Re: Using squidguard blacklists in skolelinux(.de)

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 11:44, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Friday 21 January 2005 16:15, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 21. Januar 2005 15:15 schrieb Herman Robak:
> > >  Linking has generally been considered legal
> > I think, you have to put on a disclaimer, at least.
>
> Beware and read http://www.haecksen.org/disclaimer and
> http://schneegans.de/distanzierung-von-links/
>
> These pages are german as they're dealing with german legislation.

 The way I read those pages, I think clickable links would
make the publisher liable.  This service provides that:
<http://www.linugen.com/contentfilter/>

 Of course "clickable" is just a matter of convenience,
and "not clickable" is trivial to work around.  But still
I think publishing a compressed archive of links in plain
text format, not in HTML markup, will be considered
differently by the public and by a court of law.

 I think behaviour control is more effective and also
more desireable than effective censorship.  A system that
gives the user an occational "shame on you, your attempt
has been logged" may sway the user from trying too hard.
 But that will only work if it is accomanied by human
intervention; from time to time users should be asked to
explain what they were doing at foo.naughty.com.

--
 Herman Robak