Re: Auto-upgrade packages?

Hi,

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Is <URL:http://www.sage-ie.org/slides/case_study/automation/>
> something we should be using?

Definitely, yes.  I have been using cron-apt for a long time and it does
moreorless the same thing.  It nightly runs:

apt-get update
apt-get --download-only dist-upgrade

and can be configured to mail the admin.  I imagine you can tell it to
automatically apply the upgrade but I'm not sure how smart that would be.
It's extremely handy to have the packages downloaded in advance,
particularly if you're on a slow, flat-rate connection which many schools
are hereabouts.

Gavin