Re: Map of skolelinux developers

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 23:20, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Herman Robak]
> > The map has a bit low resolution.  Could xplanet use these
> > <http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/viewrecord?11656> instead?
> >
> > Their copyright terms are rather permissive:
> > <http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/help.html>
>
> I guess so.  Care to test and let us know the result?

 I could not get your markers applied with your script.
Appearantly xplanet's options have changed a bit since
Debian Woody (I use Sid).  But I managed to get xplanet
to use the large 8k*4k image, after converting it to
png and replacing /usr/share/xplanet/images/earth.jpg
and /usr/share/xplanet/images/night.jpg with symlinks
to the png(!) file.

I adjusted the gamma of the 8k*4k image,
as it was a bit dark.  Result here:
<http://developer.skolelinux.no/~herman/europe.png>

> (wow, those images are _HUGE_!)

 Indeed.

If I wanted a _sharp_ image, I could have tried one
of the biggest images.

--
 Herman