Re: Error testing net for thinclients

fredag 3. desember 2004, 20:10, skrev Klaus Ade Johnstad:

| fredag 3. desember 2004, 19:01, skrev Axel Bojer:
| > "searching for server (DHCP)...."
| > And there it stops for days, and nothing more happens.
|
| Sound like to me that you might have run out of free ip.
| Try to increase the number of ip, change in the file
| /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd-debian-edu.conf
| the line
| range 192.168.0.200 192.168.0.253;
| to something like
| range 192.168.0.100 192.168.0.253;
| then restart dhcp
|
| Does that help?

it says:
#  subnet 10.0.2.0 netmask 255.255.254.0 {
#
#     range 10.0.2.100 10.0.3.242;
#  }

This means: This entry is commented out in my file, so what is the standard
for this then?

PS: Our net is not standard anymore, because we had to adapt it to the net on
AFK where this server is embedded. We also has used testing because we had to
have the last version of OOo.
DS