Re: NFS disconnects periodically

Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 18:18 hub Ralf Gesel|ensetter in die Tasten:
" Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 13:38 schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
" > What happens exactly?
"
" Thin Clients: Simultaneously all sessions freeze for about 5 seconds or
" more.
"
" Work stations (slx): Applications like Mozilla or Konqueror freeze while
" browsing the web, KDE session sometimes gets closed, kdmgreeting
" dialogue reappears.
"
" Windows clients: Sometimes applications stop, here I have to rely on
" witnesses as I avoid using Windows. These applications might either be
" started from a samba share themselves or (at least) work on files that
" are on users' home.
"
" All this directs to tjener being the faulty member.

Hi,

you also should take into consideration that it could be some kind of hardware
problem with your harddrive.

Stefan Padberg, Wuppertal (Germany)