Re: NFS disconnects periodically

Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 13:38 schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
> What happens exactly?

Thin Clients: Simultaneously all sessions freeze for about 5 seconds or
more.

Work stations (slx): Applications like Mozilla or Konqueror freeze while
browsing the web, KDE session sometimes gets closed, kdmgreeting
dialogue reappears.

Windows clients: Sometimes applications stop, here I have to rely on
witnesses as I avoid using Windows. These applications might either be
started from a samba share themselves or (at least) work on files that
are on users' home.

All this directs to tjener being the faulty member.

Now I will start another try with nagios.

Regards
Ralf