Re: Q: How to "freeze" LTSP sessions - and unfreeze later.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:11:56PM +0100, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 23. November 2004 22:24 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> > It looks like xlock has a -remote option that can be abused to lock a
> > screen belonging to someone else.
>
> okay, thanks for this hint - but not for more than one at a time, I
> guess. And they could just unlock themselves, I suppose.

well, you could do it for all the users, something like:
    who | while read WHO WHERE WHEN ; do
      case $WHERE in
        :[0-9]*)
          su -c "DISPLAY=$WHERE xscreensaver-command -lock" $WHO
          ;;
      esac
    done

Replace "xscreensaver-command -lock " with some xlock command, and make
it loop while you want to have their attention in some way.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no