Re: Q: How to "freeze" LTSP sessions - and unfreeze later.

On 23-11-2004 23:11, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 23. November 2004 22:24 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
>
>>It looks like xlock has a -remote option that can be abused to lock a
>>screen belonging to someone else.
>

> okay, thanks for this hint - but not for more than one at a time, I
> guess. And they could just unlock themselves, I suppose.

I have not tried myself, so am guessing too, but suspect your assumption
is incorrect. The is from the manpage of xlock (as found in the Debian
package xlockmore):

>  -/+remote
>    The  remote option tells xlock to not stop you from locking remote
>    X11 servers.  This option should be used with care and is intended
>    mainly  to  lock X11 terminals which cannot run xlock locally.  If
>    you lock someone else's workstation, they will have to  know  your
>    password  to  unlock  it.   Using  +remote  overrides any resource
>    derived values for remote and prevents xlock from  being  used  to
>    lock  other  X11  servers.   (Use  `+'  instead of `-' to override
>    resources for other options that can take the `+'  modifier  simi-
>    larly.)

The way I interpret the above, locking the worstation of someone else
requires _you_ to unlock it again.

Why do you assume only one user can be locked at a time this way?

 - Jonas