Re: Roadmap, or: Developers feed the Plone :)

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:38:56AM +0100, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> users like us are often told by developers like you (how fuzzy the
> border might be) to put our wishes and demands into the bugzilla
> system. And I think this is right :)
>
> Now, how about the other way around? The plone portal is already quite
> well documenting Skolelinux's recent features. How about telling people
> more detailed what to expect for the future? What do you think about
> making the preceding process more transparent there?
>
> You are right, there is already weekly reports on this list - and I
> agree that such details would bore the majority of our Plone's
> visitors. What I am thinking of is a (possibly separate) section
> "Roadmap" that tells potential users about
> - LDAP being mostly replaced by Kerberos/Cerebrum
> - NX enabling teachers to use there schools desktops from home
> - Moving to Sarge

i like the idea. your offer to help will certainly come in handy,
since there kind of roadmaps tend to get dusty fast and need
regular refinement.

start a page, i would fill in stuff. i guess the layout should be
section-wise: e.g. installation, sarge-switch, user management
etc as headlines.