Re: Macromedia Flash Plugin

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 01:26:56PM +0100, Martin Herweg wrote:

> Hello Finn-Arne,
>
> thank you for this document:
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/debian-edu_sarge_installation.txt
> which I was just reading.
>
> ..."Read the fine print of license for Macromedia Flash to check if we are
>  allowed to include flashplayer out of the CD."...
>
> maybe this information is helpful:
> Suse/Novel includes the  Macromedia Flash Plugin on their Suse Linux9.2
> The user has to read & agree on the license-text during installation.

Our goal is to have everything we need on the CD, without the need for
the admin to agree to each and every package that are installed. We got
permission from Sun to include j2re on the cd without any questions.

> Knoppix does not include it but has a little tool so the user can easily
> download & install it.

AS I Said, we would very much like to have this thing on the CD.

Well, actually we would like the free packages for flash and for java,
but I'm not sure if they are mature enough yet.

You may read the communication at
 http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/sl-packages_appendix/

--
Finn-Arne Johansen