Q: Samba thru LTSPserver?

Hi there,

unfortunately we still "need" computer labs running ms windows clients.
Okay, after one or two years the corresponding partitions will fade to
grey - meanwhile I don't want to miss Skolelinux on that machines.

One option is installing a 2nd local system - but I don't know enough of
cfengine to install and maintain this economically.

Hence I'd prefer an LTSPserver serving those clients so they can boot
alternatively from LAN (pxe). This would mean that the machines are in
the 192.186.0 net behind LTSP. If I now boot the ms windows system
using dhcp, I'd doubt that samba on tjener could be accessed.

But somebody told me, this is possible. Is it? By default? Or what
tweaks are needed?

The whole thing should be easy if I install both profiles, tjener and
ltsp, on one machine. But can I ever have a 2nd LTSP server then?
Wouldn't this provide removing the LTSPserver profile from tjener?

Thank you for your clarifications,
regards
Ralf