Re: Unreadable pdf-jpg-png Skolelinux documentation under WinXp

On Monday 16 August 2004 14:27, Athena - Joe Scaramucci wrote:
> Scrive "cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)" <cobaco@skolelinux.no>:
> > On Monday 16 August 2004 10:17, Athena - Joe Scaramucci wrote:

> > hm, I just tried opening the pdf files from a windows 2000 box at work
> > with
> > acrobat reader 5.0 , no problem here (dum question but did you try
> > restarting the xp box?)
>
> Yep, of course; FYI, got the same error from 3 differents PC's (Official
> WinXP  Pro SP1) both using the free Acrobat Reader 6 and Acrobat
> Professional 6.

I just upgraded the acrobat reader on the windows 2000 box to 6.0.1, still
works so that doesn't seem the problem.

Do those 3 pc's all have the same setup?

> Same errors reading the *.pdf files under /www/dokumentasjon/ :
>
> IKT-bok.orig.nb.pdf OK! <--- strange uh?
this one is a left over from the pre-internationalization days, not sure why
it hasn't been removed yet, should be obsolete

> driftbok.no.pdf OK! <--- again, the original file is ok.
dito for the .orig. file

> And under /www/dokumentasjon/images all the png images rea unreadable via
> Adobe Photoshop 8 and any other Viewer (ie -> Default Microsoft WinXP
> Viewer or Office Picture Manager)
again these all work on the 2000 box I tested with, weird

> *me scratching head too :-)
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):
    Coördinator Belgisch Skolelinux team