Re: Unreadable pdf-jpg-png Skolelinux documentation under WinXp

On Monday 16 August 2004 10:17, Athena - Joe Scaramucci wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I'm now starting - as requested at
> http://i18n.skolelinux.no/status/it.status - to translate into intalian
> the "Arkitektur" doc's at:
> /www/arkitektur/arkitektur.en.pdf
> and - as I'm on holidays (at home) with a WinXP box - I was watching the
> .pdf files but using the classic Adobe Acrobat Reader (last version) I
> get this alert window error:
>
> "There was en error opening this document. The files is demaged and could
> not be repaired. "
>
> So I tested all the .pdf files under /www/arkitektur/*.pdf and I got the
> same error.

hm, I just tried opening the pdf files from a windows 2000 box at work with
acrobat reader 5.0 , no problem here (dum question but did you try
restarting the xp box?)

> Maybe this isn't a real critical issue but I suppose a .pdf file must be
> readable from any OS's expecially if it's related to the "arkitektur".
> Am I wrong?
pdf are per definition supposed to be platform independ

*me scratching head
I have no idea what the problem is

> Anyway, I convert the *.ps files into *.pdf to start translating and I
> will then check for compatibility problems.

use the .po file for translating, everything else is autogenerated.
--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):
    Coördinator Belgisch Skolelinux team