Re: I suggest a new title on the "Driftsbok"

n Thursday 12 August 2004 19:31, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> | Both is better than the present, could someone fluent in English
> | comment which is the better?
>
> Hmm - I believe "run" is what the machines (hopefully) does, and
> "maintain" is what we do to keep them running. So "run and maintain"
> could be confused with "run around and maintain" while the former is
> almost correct.

"run and maintain ..." doesn't really flow in my opinion.

> I suggest the term "Maintaining a Skolelinux/Debian-Edu network".
>
> The added dash to avoid misinterpreting it as a combination of
> "Skolelinux Edu" and "Debian Edu" (which is wrong AFAIK).

I was gonna suggest this to :-).

One problem I have with these titles is that this manual also has a large
part about installing Skolelinux, and these title's don't reflect that...
maybe we should split the manual into two parts:
1. Installing a skolelinux network
    -> the one-time stuff you do when first installing the network
2. Maintaining a skolelinux network
    -> everything concerning day-to-day (or other cyclic) maintenance tasks

--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):
    Coördinator Belgisch Skolelinux team