Re: weekly report week 32

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >  - I'm going to begin helping the Debian security team with checking
> >    security problems to make sure the fixes have gotten into sarge.
> >    (Deferred from last week due to lack of time.)
>
> How do you plan to handle the security work after sarge is released?
> Is there a team of people available for securing the new testing?

We don't have a team, yet. I have a proposal which I am still not
sufficiently happy with to make public. The release of sarge
will definitely be the time to get those plans firmed up and begin
doing security updates for testing. Before then, we can prepare for that
by making sure sarge has all the security updates that went into woody
(and so far, it does not).

> > I'll be in Oxford England between 8/16 and 8/21 for Canonical's
> > mini-conference. If there's anyone in the area involved in
> > debian-edu who'd like to meet up, I'd be happy to. Unfortunatly
> > making plans for this at the last minute precluded me being able to
> > go on from there to the developer gathering in Norway.
>
> I assume it is the one mentioned at
> <URL:>http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-uk/2004-July/002318.html?
> I envy you being able to go there. :) I'll do my best to forget when I
> go to Twente instead. :)

Yes that's the one. One of the things I plan to do there is discuss my
testing security plans with Matt Zimmermann and any other security team
members who are in attendance.

--
see shy jo