ide-detect / lost interrupt

Hi out there,
I'm a teacher and responsible for a
school-intranet.Skolelinux on my test-system (some old
pcs: server/workstations) is running fine and I think,
that's already what our school needs.

But when our new AMDs were delivered last week, I ran
into trouble.
Seems I can't solve these problems myself:

The Installation of skole rc2 was extremely slow and
showed from the beginning error-messages concerning
lost interrupts:
"syslog.err klogd: hdc lost interrupt"
After nearly half an hour it continued with the main
part and then hung when trying to format the
root-partition. On the console you could read many
lines with:
"syslog.err klogd: hda: lost interrupt"
The installer told me to wait more than 11 hours to
format! I didn't ...

I tested the skole-cd with an old pc to find out,
whether it was corrupted. - It was not!

Next I tried skole rc47. Installation hung on
"ide-detect" and didn't move on.

After that I tried to install woody from the
debian-cds. The vanilla install succeeded, as did the
install of suse 9.0, but woody bf24 showed errors
concerning lost interrupts and the message "the drive
appears confused" and didn't succeed.

My system configuration is:
ASRock K7S8X, Socket A, SiS746FX (AMIBIOS V.3.31a)
AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (3000+), Socket A 133 Mhz
DDRAM 512 MB PC-333
VGA 128 MB ATI Radeon 9200 SE
ALPS, 3,5“, 1,44 MB
tested with different cd-roms,
different hds (40,0GB,Western
Digital,7200U/min,UDMA100; 4,3GB Seagate,...)

Thanx in advance,
Paulina Harris.