Re: order of NICs by new debian-installer

Hi *!

Thanks to all who answered and helped us.

Klaus Ade Johnstad schrieb:
tirsdag 25. mai 2004, 22:18, skrev Patrick Willam:
is it possible (or even likely) that...
...the new [skolelinux-]debian-installer puts two NICs in
a different order than an older version of it?

Yes it is. We used to load nic modules alphabetically, now they are loaded according to their place on the pci-bus.

I do not consider this as a bug --- so i haven't looked into bugzilla.

For some servers this means that a apt-get upgrade will swtich around your networkcards.

_This_ I consider as a bug.
But we didn't do "apt-get upgrade", we did a fresh install ;-)

The good thing about this is that the name of the module changes, the roles of the network cards will be the same.

indeed ;-)

Problem is solved by changing the network cables.

Bye,
Patrick & Monika