weekly report week 21

Work accomplished this week:

	- Get d-i close to ready for the rc1 release.
	  Involved coming up with a timeline, coordinating branching and
	  testing, propigation to testing, etc, with the help of the
	  d-i team.
	- Set up a local apt repository on developer.skolelinux.no,
	  which can be used to get debs onto the debian-edu sarge CDs
	  before they reach testing; at the moment this is used to get
	  fixed debian-edu metapackages available without waiting for
	  them to reach testing. This also involved fixing debian-cd.
	- Got some debian-edu tasks on the CD, but not all fit easily in
	  sarge. This is potentially a big problem and we may need to
	  make some changes for sarge.

Goals for next week:

	- Meet with debian-edu developers at DebConf4, we will probably
	  have several meetings and discussions.
	- Attend DebConf4 to the fullest.
	- d-i rc1 release.
	- Discuss security updates for testing with ftp-masters,
	  security team members, and other interested parties.

As I expected, I did not get everything I'd have hoped to done this week
while I was in Brazil, but I did better than I expected. The size of the
debian-edu tasks apparently not fitting onto the sarge CD is currently
my main problem, and it blocks much other work on debian-edu for sarge,
so it's very important.

--
see shy jo