Re: mozilla, j2re1.4, Request for Test

Am Dienstag 11 Mai 2004 23:10 schrieb Andreas Schuldei:
> * Ralf (rgx@gmx.de) [040511 23:07]:
> > Am Dienstag 11 Mai 2004 22:41 schrieb Finn-Arne Johansen:
> > > As many of you may have noticed, I've created a backport of
> > > Mozilla that actually works on Woody.
> > > The problem with the mozilla in Woody was that it was way to old.
> >
> > I installed mozilla 1.0 and am content (incl. flash support) - just
> > konqueror keeps crashing - on gmx.de e.g.
>
> and in what way does this remark contribute anything to what
> finnarne wrote about?

Of course, you are right, I have to apologize for my non-constructive
response. I just wondered, what were the reasons to abandon version 1.0
- and (look at the time stamp) in the very moment of replying, I was
tooo tired to read the corresponding message to its end - or to be more
verbose....

I am quite sure, that with the given amount of skolelinux users, there
are many different opinions on what application should be backported
first. This does not mean, that efforts as Finn's one should be
under-rated. No, any kind of engagement is highly appreciated.
Sometimes I feel, that it might be a typical German property to
overstress criticism and neglecting to praise...

Uh, was this a contribution to the topic? Well, no, but as an
explanation it should suffice :)

Thanks
Ralf