Re: huge "music.raw" files fill up home0

tor, 29.04.2004 kl. 18.56 skrev Ralf:
> Several home directories contain a file named "music.raw" sized up to
> 360 MB! I fear that those were autogenerated, maybe by dcompris (or by
> any other program using sound and redirecting it to a file).
>
> Is this suspect true? How can I redirect audio streams to /dev/null by
> default?

Could these users be connected in some way?
Same class, a group of some sort..

I've seen pupils download huge amounts of data if the teacher isn't in
100% control. This gets popular with others nearby, and they download
the same file. Could be something popular, like a game or some music.

Have you tried to play it as a music cd? Sound or just noise? Could be a
music collection.
.raw is another name for .iso files, meant to be burnt on cd.

Just a guess or two.
Harald