Re: Text or graphic in webmin?

On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 11:42, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> > I have no idea why it was included in the first place.
>
> Now I do.  I found this commit message in viewcvs:
>
>   Revision 1.6 / (view) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Tue Aug 26
>   18:05:04 2003 UTC (7 months, 4 weeks ago) by finnarne
>   Branch: MAIN
>   Changes since 1.5: +6 -0 lines
>
>   Added line to set titles in webmin to text, instead of graphics

 This refers to titles, not icons.  I, for one, think Webmin using
a GIF for each letter in the H1 title is really daft!  It makes
Webmin much slower, especially over HTTPS. (and we really want HTTPS)
Besides, the GIFs look worse than text marked up as <h1> in most
graphical browsers.  To text browsers they are just redundant fat.

> So Finn-Arne added it 7 months ago and never tested that it worked.
> Should we keep it or throw it away?

 Does it disable all the icons?  Or just the GIF titles?
If it is only the titles, it's a Good Thing.  Webmin's
default in that respect is a Bad Thing.

--
 Herman Robak