Re: RFS: gtans - Tangram (puzzle) game using GTK+

Hello Andreas!

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:14:46 +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> i just reread your initial debian-mentors mail and can imagine
> what the program does.
>
> why is that educational? (c:
>
> (honest question)

Honest answer:
Because someone said so :)

Please see
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?EduGtans
and
http://www.ofset.org/freeduc/view.php?softwareID=10
as well as the links they provide.

These people obviously though it might be educational, and that's why
I crossposted to debian-edu. IMHO this educational value might be
overrated, though playing Tangram _does_ practice logical and
geometrical understanding somewhat.

Well, but I personally are rather interested in the game itself, and
not that much in its educational aspects, so I ITAed it.

Cheers,
Flo