Testing the Skolelinux CD in an emulator on Woody

I've just tested installing skolelinux using qemu.  It is not as
flexible or "userfriendly" as VMWare and bochs, but it is fast.  Here
are instructions to test skolelinux in a virtual machine on woody.

 - Fetch qemu backport (APT source 'deb
   ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/ woody local').

 - Fetch CD image from
   <URL:ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/debian-cd/woody-i386-1.raw>.  I use
   'rsync -B 150000 -av --progress -c
   developer.skolelinux.no::skolelinux/woody-i386-1.raw
   woody-i386-1.raw' to update my copy.

 - Create disk image for qemu: 'dd if=/dev/zero of=disk bs=1M count=1500'

 - Run qemu with 50 MB ram, booting from CD with the disk image as HD:
   'qemu -m 50 -boot d -cdrom woody-i386-1.raw disk'

With this configuration, I am currently installing the standalone
profile.  I do not remember the disk size requirement of the other
profiles.  The disk image need to be adjusted to have room for the
profile installed.