Re: Too many default groups in Skolelinux' LDAP schema?

* Markus Schabel (markus.schabel@tgm.ac.at) [040314 19:42]:
> conclusion: debian-edu should support both styles. If you have uid's
> or gid's that have a maximum length of 8 characters then the system
> should check new ones, and if you'd like to have longer ones the system
> should also support this.

i think this is one of the points where we need to be flexible if
we want to cooperate with other school-server-projects (and
existing installations (which we already strive to do)).

I would expect this to be manageable by policies in Cerebrum...