Re: Too many default groups in Skolelinux' LDAP schema?

Finn-Arne Johansen schreef:

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 06:04:04PM +0100, Julius Schwartzenberg wrote:
Herman Robak schreef:
The original design of Skolelinux' LDAP schema was
to have _very_ few groups.  Maybe just two: students
and teachers.  Their names would be self-explanatory,
and their roles and purposes would be obvious.
Where can I find information about what groups there are by default in Skolelinux? I need this information for packaging software, but I couldn't find it on the Skolelinux website.

What do you mean "for packaging software" ? We provide the standard Groups as in stock Debian Woody, but every
package that relies on a specific group to exist should create that
group if it does not already exist.
I want certain files to be only editable by teachers for example. If there would be a standard group to assign to teachers then, there would never be a situation where all teachers are assigned to groupa but a package expects them to be assigned to groupb and you would need need to add all teachers to that group too. I will let my package create extra groups in case they are still needed of course, but it would be nice if the permissions would automaticly be correct on systems that already have groups set up for this.
Thanks in advance,

Julius