Re: Web browsers?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:39, Georges Khaznadar wrote:
> As an example concerning education :
>
> http://wims.unice.fr/wims/wims.cgi?session=demo&lang=en&cmd=new&module=H1%2
>Falgebra%2Faddfig.en&exo=tie&qnum=1&qcmlevel=3&scoredelay=&confparm1=1&confp
>arm2=0
>
> This exercise does work with Mozilla, but did not with a recent
> konqueror I used with a knoppix CD.

With Konqueror 3.2, I find that it "almost" works.  You can drag-and-drop the
numbers (which is the "hard bit"), but initially they all end up piled on top
of each other, rather than spread out along the bottom as with Mozilla.

But now that Apple is concentrating quite a lot of effort on KHTML through
Safari, and Safari is becoming the "default browser" on Macs: Konqueror is
actually in effect becoming a "supported" web browser. As a web developer, I
am now getting software specs that say "must support Apple Safari".  So
Konqueror is no longer such an obscure browser as it has been.

But of course, one thing this discussion is missing : Konqueror is a *lot*
faster and smaller than Mozilla (or even Fire(bird/fox)) : especially on
slower/older machines, and it integrates a great deal better with a KDE
desktop.

--
Jonathon Sim <sim@zeald.com>
Software Developer/Network Admin @ Zeald Ltd