Re: new skoleknoppix

Le Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 02:28:58PM +0100, Conrad Newton a écrit :
> >From Runar Ingebrigtsen on Wednesday, 2004-02-11 at 14:07:26 +0100:
> > ons, 11.02.2004 kl. 13.41 skrev Conrad Newton:
> > > What is the value of this CD?
> > > -----------------------------
> > >
> > > - XFree86 4.3
> > > - KDE 3.1.5
> > > - OpenOffice.org 1.1
> >
> > Any news/progress on these packages for regular Skolelinux?
> >
> > Just asking..
>
> KDE 3.1.5 (Debian unstable) will probably never be a part
> of Debian stable, since a backport for KDE 3.2 already exists.
> I think it is only a matter of time before KDE 3.2 makes its way
> into skolelinux, although it will not happen immediately.
>
> XFree86 4.3 is on the TODO list, but so far as I can see,
> the XFree86 4.3 stable backport has less momentum behind it
> than the backport of KDE 3.2 to stable, which has been
> pressed through with enormous speed (thanks, userlinux!).
>
> Backports of OpenOffice 1.1 to Debian stable do not yet
> seem to exist, although apt-get.org may prove me wrong.
> But since our man Gaute is both an OpenOffice.org developer
> and a skolelinux developer, I think this problem will also
> be solved.

it does exists. Pleas check with Jerome Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net> one of the maintainer
of the backport, who will be present (and participate in) the freeedem event (http://www.freeedem.org)
in Brussels on Feb 21 and 22. He will also speak about Plume a new "LTSP" under developpement.

> All of these packages are considered high-priority by the
> skolelinux team.

so OOo has got an asnwer.

Regards,

Nicolas
(who uses everyday KDE3.2  and OOo 1.1 on his debian woody machine)
--
Nicolas Pettiaux, docteur en Sciences - président de AFUL.org - Tel:+32.496.24.55.01
AFUL.org - Association francophone des utilisateurs de linux et des logiciels libres