Re: new skoleknoppix

>From Runar Ingebrigtsen on Wednesday, 2004-02-11 at 14:07:26 +0100:
> ons, 11.02.2004 kl. 13.41 skrev Conrad Newton:
> > What is the value of this CD?
> > -----------------------------
> >
> > - XFree86 4.3
> > - KDE 3.1.5
> > - OpenOffice.org 1.1
>
> Any news/progress on these packages for regular Skolelinux?
>
> Just asking..

KDE 3.1.5 (Debian unstable) will probably never be a part
of Debian stable, since a backport for KDE 3.2 already exists.
I think it is only a matter of time before KDE 3.2 makes its way
into skolelinux, although it will not happen immediately.

XFree86 4.3 is on the TODO list, but so far as I can see,
the XFree86 4.3 stable backport has less momentum behind it
than the backport of KDE 3.2 to stable, which has been
pressed through with enormous speed (thanks, userlinux!).

Backports of OpenOffice 1.1 to Debian stable do not yet
seem to exist, although apt-get.org may prove me wrong.
But since our man Gaute is both an OpenOffice.org developer
and a skolelinux developer, I think this problem will also
be solved.

All of these packages are considered high-priority by the
skolelinux team.

Conrad