Re: Issues with missing default Windows user and groups in Venus' Samba.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:37:19AM +0200, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2004 20:38 schrieb Jarle Osmund Vågen:
> > Are there anyone that have thought about missing standard windows
> > users and groups in Venus' skolelinux domain?
>
> hi, whatsoever, only recently I tried browsing my users from some win
> client using microloft's usermanager.exe. I could see all users, but
> not edit them - as there where no groups! hence there was  no
> "administrators" group, either to entitle me to edit.

First, the admin group was added after 1.0, and I'm not sure if it's on
1.0r1 either. Other groups is not added, since we did not find any need
for them.
Second, samba admin is not allowed to do anything else than update the
samba passwords for the users, and to add samba workstation accounts

> is this a bug, I wonder?

No, I think it's by design.

If you wonder why, tka a look at some samba posting frmo me to the list
from april-june.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no